ABOUT THE CONTEST
Starz, a Lionsgate company, and WrapWomen seeking short documentaries by female filmmakers telling female stories.
The ‘Telling Our Stories’ film competition presented by Starz and WrapWomen is now accepting short documentaries highlighting themes relevant to womanhood, created by female and female-identifying filmmakers. These short films, and treatments for works-in-progress, will be evaluated by industry professionals, competing for one of six finalist spots.
The six finalists’ short films will receive distribution on Starz, recognition at the Power Women Summit, and the chance to compete for the winning prize of $10,000.
2019 SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Telling Our Stories proudly accepts entries via FilmFreeway.com, the world’s best online submissions platform. FilmFreeway offers free HD online screeners, Vimeo and YouTube integration, and more.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
• Films must have a maximum running time of 7 minutes.
• Films must be in English or with English subtitles.
• Films may have played festivals if premiere was January 2017 or later.
• Films still in production or created expressly for competition may submit a treatment in lieu of a video, but final film must have a maximum running time of 7 minutes.
• Selected finalist films may need to be removed from video platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) to be eligible for distribution on Starz.
• Final eligibility will be determined by festival programming team.
PLEASE BE SURE TO READ THE RULES AND ENSURE YOUR FILM IS ELIGIBLE. THERE IS NO ENTRY CHARGE FOR SUBMISSIONS.